Sunday, December 25, 2011

December 25


If you were here on Christmas
I dedicate this to my mom up in Heaven.  
I wish I could see you
I wish you were here
today wasn’t the same
because you weren’t near
I heard God speak to me
He told me it was alright
He said that I can cry
and he will hold me up, with all his might. 
Jesus held me up 
he swiped me off the ground
He held me in his arms
He never let me down
Though you were not here
I thought of you all day
I wish you were here now,
on Christmas night,
so that you could embrace me in your arms
and say, goodnight. 



Merry Christmas!! 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful words. Praying you can feel your mom's arms around you, holding each of you through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know you or your family in person, but I've followed your blogs for awhile now. I just wanted to say that I think about your family often and hope that your dad is starting to cope more with your mom's passing. You're a strong young lady and I pray that you keep strong for yourself, first and foremost, and also for your sister and brother and your dad. Best wishes for you and your family in this year. <3

    ReplyDelete