Monday, April 16, 2012

April 16

Emily (my sister) turned 8 on Saturday. I planned a Disney themed birthday party for her! We had 11 first grade girls at our house... it was crazy! But, it was really fun and turned out really great.

I'm in soccer, and today we had to head a soccer ball into the net... sliding through a pit of mud! Here's a picture of how our team looked after this.













We are writing a poem in Language Arts about where we are from. The directions are just to write something that makes sense to you... it doesn't have to make any sense whatsoever to anyone else! So, here's what I wrote:


I’m from
I’m from the “I love you’s” 
that could last a lifetime
the unforgettable love
that reaches to the sky
I’m from the kisses to my hands 
every night I left 
I’m from the late hot chocolate nights
that will never happen again. 
I’m from a tragic experience
from the cries during the night
from the last time I saw her
in the horrible hospice room.
I’m from the last “I love you”
that I wish to hear again
but I never will 
until the miraculous day I see her
behind Heavens gates. 
I’m from a God 
who carries me through the dark
who shines a light in me
so that I may shine
with her courage. 

3 comments:

  1. Your poem is tremendous. Thank you for sharing it. I see your mom everywhere I go, if only in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful--from a beautiful soul--from God. And it's obvious that He's shining a light in you. You're going to do amazing things in this life and I'm sure that you make your Mom, Dad and God so very proud . . . continued prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem! Your faith in the Lord is truly touching. I lost my dad to cancer when I was six years old and the thoughts of seeing him again in Heaven has been a soothing comfort to me over the years. God bless you as carry on without your mom. Your love and faith must be a comfort to your brother and sister and your dad. I'll be praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete