Thursday, June 13, 2013

I'll Walk for You

Tomorrow there is an event called Relay for Life. I blogged about it last year too, so it might sound familiar. It's where a lot of people gather at a high school track and walk around the track/raise money to find a cure for cancer. This is a poem that I wrote that relates a little bit to this event.

I'll walk for you

The last time we talked
I made a promise to you
I said that I'll walk to find a cure
if it's the last thing I do.
So this year; I'm going to walk
more than I ever have before
I wish you could walk with me though
There's nothing I'd want more.
I remember the last lap we walked together
your hand was in mine
I looked over at you
and everything was fine.
I miss you so much
sometimes I don't know what to do
even though you won't be with me this year
I'll walk for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment