Saturday, June 30, 2012

Camp Geneva

I don't even know where to start. Last week I went to camp Geneva. . . . it was the best week of my life. I went there not knowing if I was loved by God. I felt as if God had run out of time for me, I felt as if God didn't even hear me anymore. I felt alone. Now, I know I'm not alone. We had kind of like a Church service there, but it was a really deep service. A preacher talked about how deep God's love is for us. Then, we got to sit and reflect on our past. We got to think about how big God's love is. I broke down into tears, along with a lot of other people. God's love is so amazing, I can't even put it into words. After this service, we got to have 1 on 1's with our counselors. A 1 on 1 is where just you and your counselor go out and just talk. One thing I told my counselor is that I haven't been feeling very loved by God lately, and I told her about my mom. She completely understood. Because of her, I have realized that I'm not alone. My counselor was AMAZING. She was the reason my week was so great, I'm really going to miss her. Anyway, there was a lot more fun activities that we did there, we got to climb up a rope tower, go blobbing, go zip lining, play all camp games, go to the beach, and so much more. All in all, it was a great week. Someday, I hope I can be a counselor there.

1 comment:

  1. God puts certain people in our life at just the right time. Sounds like your counselor was a gift from God. :) what the heck is blobbing?

    ReplyDelete