Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23

Every thing's going pretty well here-VBS (Vacation Bible School) has started and I'm teaching kindergarten. It's really fun! I love being with kids.
It's my 15th birthday tomorrow! I'm bringing cookies tomorrow for my kindergarten class, I made cookies tonight without too many problems, and that's quite an accomplishment with my baking skills. (I can't bake... at all.) I wish my mom could be here for my 15th birthday. When I was little I always dreamed of someday being 15. But, I imagined my mom being here to celebrate it with me. . . My mind still hasn't wrapped around the whole idea that she's gone. . and I don't think it ever will.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Ashley! It's amazing to think that you're teaching VBS because I can still remember when I had you as a 4 year old in my VBS class. Wow! That's awesome that God has led you to use your gifts at Calvary in this way. I know your mom would be so proud of you! Please know I continue to pray for you and your family as special celebration days are even more difficult. Hugs! Kirsten Terborg

    ReplyDelete