Saturday, September 29, 2012

Emily

I'm writing a paper for English. I'm writing about how to keep strong when you lose a parent. I used my younger sister Emily to help me write it. I asked her a couple questions. . . part of our conversation went like this: "Emily, do you think Mom is ever going to come back?" The simple word that she said next almost broke me down into tears. She said this. "yes." She thinks my mom is coming back. I wanted to tell her that our mom is not coming back, but I just couldn't. I don't know if I made the right decision or not. I wish that I could tell Emily that she's right.... that my mom is coming back. But I can't. She's never coming back. as much as I miss her. I know she's never coming back. No matter how many times I ask for her, it's not going to happen. I want to see her, I want Emily to see her, I just wish she was here. Life would be so much easier.

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweetheart this post brings tears to my eyes :( . I can sympathize with you wanting your Mom with you right now! You see for me too, at age 53 I still miss my Mom also who is in heaven! While your Mom is not with you physically, she is "Living" through you and your sister. She is living in your heart and mind and is smiling down from heaven. She is that thought that you have, the words that you speak, the laugh that you laugh and even the tear that you shed. But always remember, that your Mom is safely in the arms of Jesus and waiting for the day when you can all be reunited as a family again in heaven!! Remember the happy times with your Mom and treasure those memories. I will say a prayer tonight for you and your family that you can feel the warmth of our Heavenly Father carrying you and giving you comfort in your times of sadness.
    Grace A. from Washington State

    ReplyDelete