Monday, May 30, 2011

May 30

Well, my mom is still here..... and she really wants to go. We want her to go, but we also want her to stay. We want her to be out of pain, but we want her here to be a mother, and a wife. Everyday, she sits around waiting for God to take her home. She has been waiting for a week, we don't know what's going on, but we know that she won't be here much longer.
One of my moms favorite songs was "Healing Begins." I really encourage you to listen to it, it's a really great song.

Today, we went to the beach with my cousins, and we had a really fun time! Emily dug in the sand and made a HUGE letter T. I don't know why she made a T of all letters.... but she was content, so it was all good!

3 comments:

  1. I've been praying for your mom all weekend and will continue to do so. It was a good day for the beach. I'm glad you could go. I love the song "Healing Begins" too. Now I'll be sure to pray for your family every time I hear it. You are such a good writer and you seem so mature to want your mom to be fully restored in heaven, but still want her as a mom. Prayers! J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ashley (and Nathan),
    Just writing to let you know I've not forgotten about you since you were my students, and that I'm still following the journey of your mother's too-soon Home-going. My thoughts and prayers are with you all as you let go and Jesus soon holds your beloved mother in His arms.
    ~ Love from your old Art teacher

    ReplyDelete