Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1

Well, my mom is still here, resting peacefully in the hospice bed. I hope God takes her tonight. My mom use to love to write poems. My dad posted a poem that she wrote to her grandma when she was nearing her final stages. If you haven't read my dads blog yet, here it is:


Final Goodbye
.
Death is such a difficult thing
and so hard to comprehend.
So many broken hearts
that do not quickly mend.
 .
I just don’t understand
why people have to die.
It grieves my heart so badly
to see my family cry.
.
I know that death is better
than living here on earth,
for our treasure is in heaven
after that miraculous rebirth.
 .
The pain I feel right now
will slowly fade away,
but the memories I have of you grandma –
they are here to stay.

Here is a poem that I recently wrote for my mom:

Oh, the memories we have together,
I sure do wish they could last forever.
I don't understand why God is calling you home,
but there is a reason, that is for now, unknown.
We always walked together, but now we must part.
I want you to know, that you are always, in my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley, You are like your mom in so many beautiful ways. Your poem is a treasure. Praying for you all. . . Love, Mrs. Dokter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sweet hon, beautiful poem and even though I don't know you or your mom personally I would guess that Mrs. Dokter is more then right... "you are like your mom in so many beautiful ways!!"
    Praying for you and knowing that He knows what you need today.

    ReplyDelete